Monday, February 28, 2005

Why Does My Heart Feel Soo Bad?!!

Today i was in jayanagar for some work. i was going in my vehicle and i passed my college, suddenly a wave of nostalgia gripped me.
i saw students coming out of the college...they had a sparkle in their eyesi could see them very enthusiastic, energetic and full of life. bryan adams "summer of '69"was playing in my car....i was suddenly thrown back in time.few years ago...i was coming out of the same gate of my college, careless and carefree as ever. dreams in my eyes and enjoying life to the maximum...our only concern and worry wasmarks!!!...come friday and, we used to bunk classes and ran to the nearest cinema theatre to stand in queue for tickets. sitting in the last bench and cracking jokes on our dearlecturers and getting thrilled whenever any girl giggles to our jokes.
my heart felt heavy and i became sad thinking of those days....where are those days gone?...what has happened to that sparkle in my eye?..people tell methat i have become more mature after my college days..what does that mean?..does that mean i have lost innocence? does that mean i have lack of emotion?
i and sisya aravinda talk about this soo many times..in college days we didnt have money or any other luxury but still we were happy now we are earning and can afford any kind of luxury still we are not happy, why?just as these thoughts were running in my mind..i got a call from my project leader, he was asking me about my reports and etc..i remembered that i had to run to office..there is lot of work pending... nowa days i spend my days thinking and waiting for weekend so that i can sleep on saturday and sunday (many will agree with me). this is life and we have to move on. someone had said "all good things must come to end!!" soo true...bryan adams "summer of '69" was still playing in the background " those were the best days of my life..."

8 comments:

satishds said...

loo sisya helde kelde hogidya adakke ellaru urkondu idivi

Karthik CS said...

Satisha.. yaav college mama nindu ??

I have the same experience when I pass thru NHS.. I think we must redefine the happiness.. only then we can be happy..

Atleast now we guys meet up somewhere and go for a masalapuri or so.. Just think after 8-10 years, we might not be able to eet also .. we might turn that much busy ... Pray God I should never become like that.. but just in case.

Aleast now we can pick up the handset and dial a frnd's number and talk to him for 5-10 min.. Juts think after 5-6 years.. we might miss that..

Atleast now .. we are blogging and sharing whats happening with our lives. After some more yrs we might turn so matured (??) taht blogging might seem very foolish for us ?? hmm..

Hope we dont lose ourselves.. :)

satishds said...

exactly karthik...as years roll..we feel we are getting matured..matured does not mean killing emotions...for me mature means become more capable to handle life..but it is wrongly interpreted

Karthik CS said...

I agree

Vc said...

Satish .. superbly written.. kanappa..

Anonymous said...

Sathish,
This is how the life goes on! Happyness is always like mirage. When you are having it, you will not feel! Once you go to next stage whenever u look back, u will know what you had missed. Its all perception in your mind.

When you are earning now, You feel college life was good. But you feel, you could have enjoyed more. If you have a buddy who goes to college now, ask him how he is spending. I dont think it would be not much different from what you have spent.

Once you become PL/PM, you will feel that you could had done better in your role. You could have gone home early and spend some qualitative work with family as less responsibilities etc..

Again after married, u feel you should have enjoyed better during your bachelorship.

Anyway no more fundas! Enjoy the life! You have two ways to choose! Change what ever comes to you to your way or flow with it. Find happiness in what you have chosen!

Cheers,
Krishna

satishds said...

very true krishna...that is why they say " birth is accident, life is optional, death is inevitable"

Anonymous said...

Yeah.very true. But, I did not enjoy my engg though. I always wanted to get out of the college. well..if someone thinks so..what can they study? but,I have worked hard in my final year assuch for the project..
But..My intermediate and school was fun!!!lo..cannot forget those days!..
Well..coming to maturity..the older you get the more mature and open minded you become.
Life is a mystery.