Monday, March 13, 2006

Shantharam - man of God's peace


"It took me a long time and most of the world to learn what I know about love and fate and the choices we make, but the heart of it came to me in an instant, while I was chained to a wall and being tortured."and soo begins this epic , mesmerising novel about Crime and punishment, passion and loyalty, betrayal and redemption . This book is a romantic take on everything.what a book ! what a story ! can there be any other book which can match this?.You will fall in love with bombay after reading this book. This is one of the nicest novels i have ever read. This book is a autobiographical work of david gregory roberts. He escapes from a maximum security prison in Australia and comes to Bombay,India and the drama unfolds !! after reading this book you want to fly to bombay and have a look at leopolds and and wanthave a glimpse of Didier The man with a Big heart and wisdom sitting there.You want to fallin love with Karla the Swiss beauty with brains ( I am in love with her).The characters Prabaker, abdullah, johny walker, khader khan, Qasim leave deep impression on you.This book has brought tears in my eyes more than once.This book is a celebration of Human spirit and Life. come fall in love !!!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Things I gotta do.

1)Should get the book rightnow.

2)Shall go to Bombay soon.

3)Will fall in love.

satishds said...

hi deepti, enjoy the book...have a nice read

Anonymous said...

Good book ....thanks.

Mohan said...

Saty,

I had the book Shantaram i read it a little....as i went on reading it...i started liking bombay and you know...my view on mumbai has totally changed....i feel bombay as a place of HEARTS.

cool Cool!!!

Anonymous said...

changed ma whole perception f da worl around me...gave new meanin 2 lookin at the bright side...beautiful book

Anonymous said...

Nice brief and this fill someone in on helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you for your information.

Anand said...

Its one of the great works...
I love it.