Friday, October 28, 2005

Rhapsody of water

DSC01013
Originally uploaded by satishds79.




Had been to shivanasamudra few weeks back with my Caritor colleagues. Shivanasamudra is an island that lies 120 km from Bangalore. It is a hydroelectric station, which was the first enterprise of its kind in India. The twin waterfalls Ganganachukki and Bharachukki (200 feet) are the most alluring spots near the island. Here the river Cauvery divides into two streams and cascades 75 mts down a deep rocky gorge. I was totally awed by these waterfalls and was happily clicking away snaps from my friend bhargav’s cam. These snaps are my favorites

4 comments:

Canary said...

hi.. thnx for visiting my blog.... :)
hav been in the north throughout my life.. your blog gives me a feel of life down South..its gr8..! :)

Karthik CS said...

wah! Suuper lo..

Awsome pic... neenantoo sakkat sutteeyallO..

good.. enjot maadu

satishds said...

thanx aastha and karthik...i am a traveloholic !!!

Anonymous said...

hmm..Nice picture!